Friday, February 13, 2009

Sullivan's cupcake party!

Yesterday we celebrated Sulls! Why you ask? Well, because he has been sleeping through the night for four days now! He hasn't called for me, crawled into bed w/ me, or wanted me to sleep w/ him in four whole days!!! GLORIOUS! I woke up on Tuesday and realized that he wasn't in bed w/ me. So of course I was worried at first, went to check on him and realized that he was fine alone in his own big boy bed. We had to celebrate because I have had interrupted sleep for almost four years because of this boy. I have been waking up crabby for far too long. Now if I'm cranky it will have nothing to do w/ lack of sleep right? lol! We decided to give him a cupcake party, that is his special treat. So Jac took him to the store and he got to pick out the flavor and frosting. He was excited about that alone. Then I came home from work w/ balloons, party favors and hats and we sang, "Good job Sulls" to him. I let him pour the batter into the cups and didn't freak out when it went every where except the baking cup. (good job mumma). Nor did I freak out when I had to clean up the chairs and the rug (again good job mumma). Just this little gesture sent him to the moon, he was so happy and knew that we were proud of him. The little things truly make a difference to our little ones. Thank you to Kristi and Tracey for showing me this valuable life lesson! Cheers to sleep!





5 comments:

Kim said...

That's so sweet. Congrats on the sleeping!!! Worth celebrating!

You crack me up with your blog away days. All caught up now?? :o)

I have a great pic of you with your bunko cake if you would like that too!

XOXO Kim

freeisforme said...

Way to go Sullivan!! The cupcakes were a great treat on our way to the Red Wings. Thanks again and enjoy your sleep mumma!!

kristikara said...

Congrats to Sullivan! Very cool very cool.

JoAnna said...

Good Job Sullivan!!! That is a win for everyone!

pen in hand, heart on sleeve said...

Nikki,
Where are you??? I miss you!
Tricia