Friday, February 13, 2009

Mrs. Mitchell's Valentine's party!

On Wed. I had the privilege of going to G.'s classroom. I got to see the life of a KD including music class and gym class. I loved every minute of it. Typically, I would stay in the classroom and help the teacher get things ready while the students are gone, but this time G. asked me to go with her and I wanted to so I didn't help and frankly didn't feel bad about. I was there w/ G. and that's all that mattered. During music class I actually got a little teary eyed watching her sing and just play w/ her friends. How big she is and I wondered where the time went. She loves school and it shows. Mrs. Mitchell pulled me aside and said that she thoroughly enjoys G. in her class, which of course as a parent makes my heart melt. Can I be doing it right? This parenting thing? I question and struggle with every decision and pray for the best. Oh, how I love her so! A fellow mom helped with quesadillas which were so yummy, I had three! I forgot to get valentine's, but it turned out good as G. thought it would be nice to make them homemade. We read a book about homemade valentine's and that's where she got the idea from. I decorated 30 and she wrote on them and signed her name to every one. It took FOREVER, but it was worth it. They turned out great and from now on we will make them homemade, just to be different. Next year I plan on doing it in increments as a special art project. What a fun day!














3 comments:

dr_rabee3 said...

chumshthappy valentine

freeisforme said...

your valentines turned out sooooo cute! Can you make ours next year??

kristikara said...

I'm glad you all had such a GREAT day! The valentines turned out really cute.